2 factor auth problem

Hey all,
So I was trying to log into my disroot email today and while I have my correct password, my two-factor auth app (FreeOTP) on my Android had been erased because I had to re-install my rom on my mobile. Now, I have lost the ability to receive the 2-factor codes through the app that linked to my disroot email account. I have been searching for a fix for a while now and have come up empty-handed. Can anyone suggest a fix or point me in the right direction? I have accessed the self-service password portal but haven’t found anything to help to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Best,

Hi there.

I’m afraid i have bad news for you. When enabling two factor authentication you were prompted with backup codes that you should have saved in case you loose the ability to generate codes with your second factor, in your case the phone (for example when reflashing your phone). If you havent done that, there is no way to switch off two factor authentication.

You see,the whole point of two factor authentication is to prevent brute force attack where attacker guesses your password and gains access to your account. Thats why it is so important to make sure you understand how 2FA works and you make sure you can gain access to your account via backup codes. If you dont have them, you will be unable to gain access to your cloud account.

··· On 1 January 2018 23:15:44 CET, madhatter wrote: > > >Hey all, >So I was trying to log into my disroot email today and while I have my >correct password, my two-factor auth app (FreeOTP) on my Android had >been erased because I had to re-install my rom on my mobile. Now, I >have lost the ability to receive the 2-factor codes through the app >that linked to my disroot email account. I have been searching for a >fix for a while now and have come up empty-handed. Can anyone suggest >a fix or point me in the right direction? I have accessed the >self-service password portal but haven't found anything to help to fix >this issue. Any help would be appreciated. >Best, > > > > > >--- >[Visit Topic](http://forum.disroot.org/t/2-factor-auth-problem/2619/1) >or reply to this email to respond. > >You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode. > >To unsubscribe from these emails, [click >here](http://forum.disroot.org/email/unsubscribe/b8124f596da40c00c2d5554af1c785accd551467ff2375b87855b27f59854563).

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Thank you for the quick response! I understand and this is all actually somewhat reassuring, lesson learned.
Best,