Add CODE (Collabora Online Development Edition) as Files plugin on Cloud

Currently it’s not possible to edit ODT files on Disroot Cloud, even less on a collaborative way.
Installing CODE solves this and lets users use ODT as a collaborative platform, just as Google Docs. Also CODE lets use other LibreOffice file formats.

It’s possible both to create files on Cloud or to upload it, on both cases being possible to edit and share it.

Collabora last time we checked had terrible performance and we doubt anything has changed in that regard.

If you are into collaborative file editing perhaps you should look into https://cryptpad.disroot.org not only it allows for collaborative file edition and sharing but it’s end to end encrypted.

1 Like

Thanks! Does Cryptpad support ODT and ODS (LibreOffice) file formats?

Hi, is there any way of having cryptad docs on the archive folder on disroot? Or are these docs only available through link?

And how do you manage with sheet docs?

I am trying to leave Google Drive but i’m stuck with this issue…

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by the “archive folder on disroot”… Do you mean Nextcloud service?
On cryptpad, all docs are saved there, in what is called “cryptpad drive”. You can share them with a link, and those users you share the link with can then download it (export). You can also export any file and then send them from your email for example. Or you can create a team, add disroot cryptad users, and give those users access to your file.

As for sheet docs, what do you mean? It is the same as with docs.

Thank you @meaz!

What I would like to know then is if it is possible to have Cryptpad Drive in Disroot Dashboard. AND if I have a .docx in my Archive Folder in drive, if I can open it with Cryptpad…

Sorry i am not familiar with this platform yet, maybe it is a dumb question u.u

Hi,

Disroot Nextcloud and Disroot Cryptpad are two different services. So you can’t have files in one and in the other, it is not shared.
As for opening .docx, I don’t know, I don’t use Microsoft Office myself so I can’t test.

···

Le mercredi 24 mars 2021 à 23:11 +0000, Isadora via Disroot - Forum a écrit :

Isadora
March 24

Thank you @meaz!

What I would like to know then is if it is possible to have Cryptpad Drive in Disroot Dashboard. AND if I have a .docx in my Archive Folder in drive, if I can open it with Cryptpad…

Sorry i am not familiar with this platform yet, maybe it is a dumb question u.u

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

OK, thank you!