Any Fedora users here?

Just wanted to know if there are any Fedora users here as I will be switching to it as my platform of choice soon.

1 Like

Nope. Only arch mater race here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’re all different but I don’t want to spend time setting something up. Maybe later I will try it. Just doesn’t sound interesting to me.

imo it doesn’t require that much of setup and I like the minimalist procedure to get the system up and running. Plus you have manjaro (based on archlinux) which comes with graphical installer similar to fedora or ubuntu. I like arch because it’s rolling release, having the latest versions of software and the fact you install only the things you really need/want.

Fedora user and contributor here. Would you like to know something?

Nope. Just wanted to know if there were any users nere. I might come
here if there are any questions I have.

That’s true. I don’t want a rolling release as things can break and I
don’t want that. I can get new packages as well (with Fedora).

For a regular user, there are no issues. Fedora is a rolling release distribution but it is extremely stable. Also, Fedora 25 has been heralded as the best release till date.

Note: If you are using a laptop or a desktop with an NVIDIA card, I’d recommend using Fedora 24 rather than Fedora 25.

1 Like

Is it really a rolling release. Never knew that.

What’s wrong with 25?

Ex Fedora user here. I need change, So I keep moving around Arch Fedora Debian. Now in arch. My arch is more stable that my friend’s fedora 24 :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m on the LTS kernel. No issues at all. My friend had some serious reboot bug on his thinkpad few months ago.

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with Fedora 25 except that Wayland breaks on Optimus laptops. You can read this blog post to know more.

1 Like

Surprising how I haven’t faced a single issue on Fedora since the day I installed it on my laptop (4 months ago)

1 Like

@dhanesh95 I’ve been using Fedora since Verne (16). I always come ‘home’ to fedora after a few weeks taking a break from it :smiley: My longest sprint without changing my daily runner distro was 3 releases: 21, 22 and 23.

And yes, my friend has nvidia card, so its probably the same issue.

2 Likes

Been using Fedora myself since 12 or 13 I think. Of course there have been several other OS builds (linux/reactOS/BeOS/OSX) over the years as well. I find it hard to resist a new, rare or previously unknown OS. But I always end up back on Fedora before long. Now ive got a couple test boxs to play with so i dont have to use my main hardware anymore…

1 Like

Fedora in use here!

I’ve always used debian based distros. Now on ubuntu because I was dissapointed with the pointer drivers on Mint. But Ubuntu is awful and I really regret making the switch. Really don’t want to have to through the pain of reinstalling a bunch packages though.

1 Like

i’ve been using manjaro lately.

basically just pre-configured arch cause i was lazy and didn’t want to take the time to get arch up and running.

1 Like

I’ve taken recently to trying Solus & Void, which are interesting.

I’ve traveled the LFS route and Arch is always there, but it’s good to try new things.

Fedora is no different, although the version updates that broke an installation (granted, in the past) have kept me from being more interested, myself.

1 Like

No… but I do use Ubuntu =)