Contacts Privacy

Hello,

I’ve been using Disroot for some time and I love it!
One question that I have is: Can Disroot see my contact list?
I’ve moved all my contacts from Google to Disroot, so I can have more privacy.
On the “About Us” it says:

“Your files on the cloud are encrypted with your user password, every bin-paste and file uploaded on Lufi service is client side encrypted too…”

Does it include contacts too?

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Unfortunatelly yes. :expressionless: currently only encryption supported is covering files.

There has been some discussion over encrypting all aspects of cloud (contacts, tasks, calendars) going on, but that requires all external apps that you use for synvi.g (davdroid, gnome, evolution, kontacts etc) to support it. At this moment they dont which means that nextcloud would have to release and support synci.g capabilities for all platforms which would lead to imcompatibilities etc.

I think this will be only acheaved if caldav and cardav (protocols used for storing and syncing) would provide end to end encryption by default.

··· On 21 December 2017 18:04:20 CET, w9f8dsjoi wrote: > > >Hello, > >I've been using Disroot for some time and I love it! >One question that I have is: Can Disroot see my contact list? >I've moved all my contacts from Google to Disroot, so I can have more >privacy. >On the "About Us" it says: > >> "Your files on the cloud are encrypted with your user password, every >bin-paste and file uploaded on Lufi service is client side encrypted >too..." > >Does it include contacts too? > >Thanks for the help :slight_smile: > > > > > >--- >[Visit Topic](http://forum.disroot.org/t/contacts-privacy/2557/1) or >reply to this email to respond. > >You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode. > >To unsubscribe from these emails, [click >here](http://forum.disroot.org/email/unsubscribe/47168563681aed828241e74c4d7b8ea039fa0bc2a5f7246d23f47cf43a250394).

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

1 Like

That’s OK, I prefer Disroot seeing my contacts than Google.
Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: