Download directly to our NextCloud space.

It’s not something I’d be using every day, but is a feature I miss a lot from time to time in all the NextCloud providers I have tested: Many times we download files from the web and later upload them to our cloud space. It would be much more logic to be able to use our cloud space as a downloads folder when we want, don’t you agree?
Well, of course we can if we are using our desktop file manager, but we can’t from the web interface. For example, when we are on mobile and don’t want to consume our data plan and battery downloadin to the device and then uploading to Disroot. If we just could copy the download link, log in our NC space, and paste said link somewere, so the server would download that file to our space with almost no MB consumed from our data plan… Well, some witty developer has written this this nice app for Nexcloud that does that and more (also downloads videos from YT, and torrent files). I’d love you might consider it for improving the service:
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/ocdownloader

BR

1 Like

Interesting. We’ll pull it into a task for upcoming sprint in october and poke you for testing if you want.

Of course. Don’t hesitate poking me, I’ll be pleased to help testing. :+1:

I wanted to add that I’ve just “discovered” this nice browser complement that makes the task of saving to our NC cloud easy as breathing:

It only needs the aformentioned app to be installed on the NC server.

P.S:
I hadn’t noticed that it’s written by the app’s developer:

Well, I hope you find this ocDownloader thing as interesting and useful as I do. :slight_smile:

BR

1 Like

We’ll look into it hopefully before wednesday.

1 Like

No hurries. I know you have had a lot of work this month. :+1: