Help! E-mails not reaching my new Disroot.org account

I’ve just recently had my new Disroot.org webmail account setup and, for some reason, e-mails I’ve tried sending to myself aren’t arriving in my e-mail’s inbox. The e-mails that I’m not receiving are being sent from my own domain, my64.in.nf. They are not even being re-routed to spam or trash; they’re just not reaching the in-box in any way. I’ve even added the e-mail address, where I’m sending from, to my address book, but still nothing.

I’m getting other e-mails from other addresses and I can send out okay, it seems. I just can’t receive e-mails from my .in.nf domain. Any ideas as to why? I can send to other webmail accounts without any problem, just not disroot.org.

I think disroot uses greylisting [Greylisting (email) - Wikipedia]
so you may need to wait an hour or so when you first start using the
system.

ael

···

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 04:27:11PM +0000, davidb_sk via Disroot - Forum wrote:

I’ve just recently had my new Disroot.org webmail account setup and, for some reason, e-mails I’ve tried sending to myself aren’t arriving in my e-mail’s inbox. The e-mails that I’m not receiving are being sent from my own domain, my64.in.nf. They are not even being re-routed to spam or trash; they’re just not reaching the in-box in any way. I’ve even added the e-mail address, where I’m sending from, to my address book, but still nothing.

1 Like

Thanks, ael, for your reply. That’s unfortunate news… it’s been a few days now and I’ve been trying to send myself emails ever day since I had the account set up. Still nothing from my specified domain.

If it is “greylisting” causing the problem, then I don’t like it. I’ll judge what is spam and what isn’t. I don’t like too-smart-for-school A.I.s deciding things for me.

That doesn’t sound right. I doubt that greylisting is involved in your
particular problem. But I am no expert: just that I seen fairly short delays
when email comes in from a “new” source, and that seemed to be
greylisting in action. ISTR seeing it documented somewhere in disroot.

ael

···

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 12:22:12AM +0000, davidb_sk via Disroot - Forum wrote:

Thanks, ael, for your reply. That’s unfortunate news… it’s been a few days now and I’ve been trying to send myself emails ever day since I had the account set up. Still nothing from my specified domain.

If it is “greylisting” causing the problem, then I don’t like it. I’ll judge what is spam and what isn’t. I don’t like too-smart-for-school A.I.s deciding things for me.

Looks like your domain is blocked by spamhouse
dbl.spamhaus.org; https://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/in.nf

Well, it’s two months later and I went and tried to send another email from my .in.nf email to my disroot account and it went through. So, what ever was blocking my emails seems to have gone away.

Three cheers!