Help! E-mails not reaching my new Disroot.org account

I’ve just recently had my new Disroot.org webmail account setup and, for some reason, e-mails I’ve tried sending to myself aren’t arriving in my e-mail’s inbox. The e-mails that I’m not receiving are being sent from my own domain, my64.in.nf. They are not even being re-routed to spam or trash; they’re just not reaching the in-box in any way. I’ve even added the e-mail address, where I’m sending from, to my address book, but still nothing.

I’m getting other e-mails from other addresses and I can send out okay, it seems. I just can’t receive e-mails from my .in.nf domain. Any ideas as to why? I can send to other webmail accounts without any problem, just not disroot.org.

I think disroot uses greylisting [Greylisting (email) - Wikipedia]
so you may need to wait an hour or so when you first start using the
system.

ael

···

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 04:27:11PM +0000, davidb_sk via Disroot - Forum wrote:

I’ve just recently had my new Disroot.org webmail account setup and, for some reason, e-mails I’ve tried sending to myself aren’t arriving in my e-mail’s inbox. The e-mails that I’m not receiving are being sent from my own domain, my64.in.nf. They are not even being re-routed to spam or trash; they’re just not reaching the in-box in any way. I’ve even added the e-mail address, where I’m sending from, to my address book, but still nothing.

1 Like

Thanks, ael, for your reply. That’s unfortunate news… it’s been a few days now and I’ve been trying to send myself emails ever day since I had the account set up. Still nothing from my specified domain.

If it is “greylisting” causing the problem, then I don’t like it. I’ll judge what is spam and what isn’t. I don’t like too-smart-for-school A.I.s deciding things for me.

That doesn’t sound right. I doubt that greylisting is involved in your
particular problem. But I am no expert: just that I seen fairly short delays
when email comes in from a “new” source, and that seemed to be
greylisting in action. ISTR seeing it documented somewhere in disroot.

ael

···

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 12:22:12AM +0000, davidb_sk via Disroot - Forum wrote:

Thanks, ael, for your reply. That’s unfortunate news… it’s been a few days now and I’ve been trying to send myself emails ever day since I had the account set up. Still nothing from my specified domain.

If it is “greylisting” causing the problem, then I don’t like it. I’ll judge what is spam and what isn’t. I don’t like too-smart-for-school A.I.s deciding things for me.

Looks like your domain is blocked by spamhouse
dbl.spamhaus.org; https://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/in.nf

Thanks for the tip!

Is this some European thing? So, someone with a .in.nf domain somewhere is doing something questionable, so anyone who has a .in.nf domain is thrown into the same “basket”? What happens with domains like .net, .com, .org?

The Internet is really getting to be too much of a hassle to be useful for anything these days.