How safe is disroot.org

This is gonna be interesting! @muppeth you are the man.
“HOW SECURE ARE DISROOT SERVERS?” , “ARE THEY ENCRYPTED?”, Finding more options than Google account scratches that part of my mind about disroot.org, can too much good exist without returns?

PS: I’ve recommended my 6(only) friends to use disroot.org! I can even subscribe to RSS feed, this is fucking great!! Cheers.

2 Likes

Good question, could we crowdsource a third party audit?

Personally I’m looking into using disroot.org as an alternative to big US companies and their advertising, trying to evade law enforcement is a bridge too far and unnecessary for me.

Edit:
Also ran into this blog: https://privacy-watchdog.io/the-truth-about-disroot-org/
Not sure what to think about it, comments?

Edit2: privacy watchdog seems tinfoil hattery

I can tell you at least one thing there that is unquestionably, one hundred percent wrong:

Disroot also seems to have purchased a whole page of good reviews from a site called “Digdeeper” (Archive).

I run that site and I can assure you I took no money for the Disroot review nor for anything else on the site. “Privacy Watchdog” should watch his own nonsense claims first before judging service providers…

2 Likes

Just from the first general look around they use all open source/foss software services. I’ve seen a similar french company with the same software packages. They were rated highly in regards to privacy. If that counts for anything

I am too interested in knowing more about this aspect of disroot. @muppeth it would be great if you could comment a bit regarding this.

What exactly do you want me to answer to?

Privacy watchdog appears to like ripping into privacy-focused groups and companies using allegations and twisted facts to back their worldview view. I find it likely they fully believe what they are preaching and/or are trying to gain something from this.
My personal opinion is that they run, or are part of a different privacy-focused company and are trying to boot their repour.

1 Like