" Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files. "

Hi, when I visit my cloud disroot, I keep getting this error message:

" Invalid private key for encryption app. Please update your private key password in your personal settings to recover access to your encrypted files. "

I don’t know what it means???

When I go into personal settings, the field “Basic Encryption Module” it says:

“Your private key password no longer matches your log-in password.
Set your old private key password to your current log-in password”

Does it refer to my old password for my disroot account? In that case, I don’t know it. It was a user-generated password on Keepass, and I don’t have it anymore as I changed my password.

What do I do?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, have you already gotten an answer to your question on a different communication channel?

When you change your Disroot password you also need to update your password on Nextcloud, as your files are encrypted using your key. If you don’t remember your password you can delete all your files from the cloud (you cannot open them anymore anyway) and log out and in again. Normally deleting all files should solve but if the message still appears you can contact us by email at support_at_disroot.org so we can remove your old Nextcloud encryption key.

https://howto.disroot.org/en/tutorials/user/account/ussc#change-your-password