mail.disroot.org vs cloud.disroot.org/apps/rainloop/ for the End User

So, I don’t understand why there is a difference in the aforementioned disroot services. They don’t share my settings, identities or anything else. I noticed that mail.disroot.org seems to have less features as well, since the settings tabs lacks sections for contacts and OpenPGP.

Which one are the users expected to use? It would be nice if mail.disroot.org simply server as a symlink to the better features cloud.disroot.org instance.

Why is there is disparity and how to best deal with it?

Mail.disroot.org was deployed during the server upgrade which caused long downtime of cloud, as a temporary substitute for all those not being able to use webmail at that time.

However we decided to leave it for a simple and pragmatic reason. A lot of people use webmail only. Loading the entire cloud interface for those users seemed like a waste of resources.

That said you’re completely right. We havent done the best job in mirroring the features. We’re going to enable missing plugins, and features asap.

··· On 17 March 2018 18:10:06 CET, axd wrote: > > >So, I don't understand why there is a difference in the aforementioned >disroot services. They don't share my settings, identities or anything >else. I noticed that mail.disroot.org seems to have less features as >well, since the settings tabs lacks sections for contacts and OpenPGP. > >Which one are the users expected to use? It would be nice if >mail.disroot.org simply server as a symlink to the better features >cloud.disroot.org instance. > >Why is there is disparity and how to best deal with it? > > > > > >--- >[Visit >Topic](http://forum.disroot.org/t/mail-disroot-org-vs-cloud-disroot-org-apps-rainloop-for-the-end-user/3091/1) >or reply to this email to respond. > >You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode. > >To unsubscribe from these emails, [click >here](http://forum.disroot.org/email/unsubscribe/d7884750765fa0153237964b9e980f5cf95a916cb85ea8c9c400358106ab2663).

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

I found a bug, I did setup the contact sync on one of the urls but the other did not save the settings.
I would have created a new post but I only checked because I saw this post. I was unaware of the 2nd URL.

I set it up on mail.disroot.org and c…disroot…/a…/rainloop did not save the contact sync settings.

You’ve got to be more specific as i dont really know what do you mean. Syncing contacts form nextcloud to webmail (rainloop)? Have you follow this howto? https://howto.disroot.org/en/nextcloud/apps/webmail

Yes. I meant syncing contacts.

I use carddav from nextcloud.

I set up contacts sync from rainloop to nextcloud. Works good.

But it only works on 1 off the 2 urls.

mail.disroot.org works fine and syncs contacts (I set it up on this url)

cloud.disroot.org… did not load the settings from mail.disroot.org because contact sync settings are not set up in the 2nd url.

I think the error seems to be that both rainloop instances save settings separated.

I only use one off both urls. So its not bad. And I could create an other app password in nextcloud to set up contacts sync in the other rainloop instance.

Just for me the settings did not get saved for the other rainloop instance. If you provide 2, sync the settings if possible. Maybe the error is on my site only.

It should be using the same settings on both instances. Myabe something broke along the way. I will have a look.

It seems idnovic is reffering to something I’ve mentioned in the second part of the following post: link

Settings aren’t synchronized between two instances, unless we are both doing something wrong.

from the picture you posted it looks like the same error.
I only use one URL of the 2 so it is not very important to me.

I see. Sorry guys I havent have chance to look into it yet as we had our hands full with other disroot related things. I’ve put notification to check this this evening.

Edit
Or on priority list general :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes