Nextcloud epub reader

I am hoping it is possible to install the epub-reader app. https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/files_ebookreader
I do use epubs and reading in the cloud would be a great advantage.
Thanks

Hi,
Dont see why not. Tonight I’be updating nextlcoud so maybe at the same time I could add the app specially that its just a reader so not prone to littering or heavy on resources.

1 Like

Thanks, it does not appear to work. Was there a problem? Or is it just me and my setup?

I just enabled it (forgot to do it when updating nextcloud last night). Since I have no ebook at hand, could you check if it works as expected?

1 Like

It’s working. Thank you very much.

It works! Really very comfortable, thank you so much!

1 Like

Nice. Now gimme some interesting ebooks to test it :smiley:

One word of caution. I discovered by using it on 2 laptops that the bookmarks are saved in the browser, rather than NC.

There are so many frree epubs out there. All of Gutenberg.org can be saved as epub, all of wikipedia too, I think. Libreoffice, G Suite,. Zoho Office, MS-Office etc. can all export as epub. Any legal wishes?

yoasty @ 2019-09-12 18:19 UTC:

There are so many frree epubs out there. All of Gutenberg.org can be saved as
epub, all of wikipedia too, I think. Libreoffice, G Suite,. Zoho Office,
MS-Office etc. can all export as epub. Any legal wishes?

should be safe as long as you use it personally because anyways whatever
you are uploading is being encrypted by your public key (if its stored
as file). not a legal advice though.

··· -- Lugubris
1 Like

hero, thank you so much!

With legal I was referring to legally available content.
The reader is helpful. But I am still stuck with using google-play-books for my epub-reader because it is the only one that allows syncing between all these devices of annotations, bookmarks, current-reading-positions etc