Password(s); One-for-all and pgp

I logged into the email, but then got blocked logging into Discourse/Distalk. I logged out of the email and somehow found where to log in to Disroot. Discourse still would not let me in; though, the “sign-up” felt a bit abbreviated. It used my Disroot email address and name, and I gave the same password as for Disroot. Was it just a first-time registration into Distalk, or do we log into every service separately, every time using the services? If we do log into each service separately, should we use the same or different passwords?

I also started email again and closed it. It does seem that Discourse and email are independent logins, and general login to Disroot does not affect either. Do we also log out separately?

I did create a separate pwd to generate pgp keys. Is there an instructional doc or related material to help one try out pgp email? I want to get started to learn how to use pgp email and practice it. I might even try to only use pgp from the Disroot email account, but I don’t know if that is realistic or even a good idea.

Discourseb(distalk) provides two methods of authentication. You can just create regular separated from disroot account or when clicking on ‘login with disrootID’ button, use disroot credentials.
We use both methods in distalk because its often used for private groups/mailingist people want to use their primary emails. especially when they are only invited to the forum group and are not really interested in disroot.

All other services that require login (except of diaspora which we explained in the main page and diaspora page) use the same set of credentials.

As for howtos on gpg, i would advise using thunderbird with enigmail. There is quite few tutorials you can find on the web.
Https://howto.disroot.org where we, together with community around disroot write tutorials on all aspects of services offered by disroot, havent cover gpg properly yet.

··· On 26 April 2018 09:26:55 CEST, lundino wrote: > > >I logged into the email, but then got blocked logging into >Discourse/Distalk. I logged out of the email and somehow found where >to log in to Disroot. Discourse still would not let me in; though, the >"sign-up" felt a bit abbreviated. It used my Disroot email address and >name, and I gave the same password as for Disroot. Was it just a >first-time registration into Distalk, or do we log into every service >separately, every time using the services? If we do log into each >service separately, should we use the same or different passwords? > >I also started email again and closed it. It does seem that Discourse >and email are independent logins, and general login to Disroot does not >affect either. > >I did create a separate pwd to generate pgp keys. Is there an >instructional doc or related material to help one try out pgp email? I >want to get started to learn how to use pgp email and practice it. I >might even try to only use pgp from the Disroot email account, but I >don't know if that is realistic or even a good idea. > > > > > >--- >[Visit >Topic](http://forum.disroot.org/t/password-s-one-for-all-and-pgp/3353/1) >or reply to this email to respond. > >You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode. > >To unsubscribe from these emails, [click >here](http://forum.disroot.org/email/unsubscribe/3599f67fc771ee35d65bc6b3e8bce9fbd7e37bb11dffe05198b155067a105a45).

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Thank you muppeth, I planned to use TB and will be sure to get enigmail and find pgp tutorials online. There must be encryption built-in to the web, email utility; though, email with outside accounts would not be encrypted en route (only on the server) unless both parties were to use pgp.

It’s probably going to be self-evident (still only used Distalk and web email thus far), but I’ll state this explicitly: While the same credentials are used for each service; you log in to and out of each service separately.