Reset or Delete fe.disroot.org account.

Hey there! I am noticing that my account has gotten reset home page wise and am getting many internal errors. I know the project is still “beta” but wondered if there was a way to reset or delete the account. I don’t see the option to do so in the UI. Is there a way to add that option for self service?

Default mastodon UI seems to allow it. I can’t remember if vanilla pleroma does…

Hi.
We have quite some issues now on pleroma. I am working spare time on it so hope things will settle down in coming days.

···

6 Nov 2022 16:28:27 presgas via Disroot - Forum forum@disroot.org:

presgas
November 6

Hey there! I am noticing that my account has gotten reset home page wise and am getting many internal errors. I know the project is still “beta” but wondered if there was a way to reset or delete the account. I don’t see the option to do so in the UI. Is there a way to add that option for self service?

Default mastodon UI seems to allow it. I can’t remember if vanilla pleroma does…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ahh! I see it now though (option to delete). Must be new.

Would a person be able to delete now and re-add at a later time? For my use case, it seems to be a good option for now. :grin:

nuke-from-orbit

Since we use ldap i dont know if the delete option would work though. I am planning on adding option in self service to enable/disable services but thats for later.
Do you need the account disabled because of the performance issues or there is other issue?

···

6 Nov 2022 16:37:58 presgas via Disroot - Forum forum@disroot.org:

presgas
November 6

Ahh! I see it now though (option to delete). Must be new.

Would a person be able to delete now and re-add at a later time? For my use case, it seems to be a good option for now. :grin:

I was just going to migrate back to my other fedi account until we get out of beta. There is definitely no redirect/moved availability in pleroma that I can see…plus I like keeping dangling accounts cleaned up. So opting to delete for now with the option to re-add at a later time.

I will look into it either this eve or tomorrow. I will let you know.

···

6 Nov 2022 16:47:46 presgas via Disroot - Forum forum@disroot.org:

presgas
November 6

I was just going to migrate back to my other fedi account until we get out of beta. There is definitely no redirect/moved availability in pleroma that I can see…plus I like keeping dangling accounts cleaned up. So opting to delete for now with the option to re-add at a later time.

Take your time. Honestly, there should be a way to do “take out” of your data baked in there and many of the folks here that do talk about security/privacy related things would ask about this stuff too. Not sure why it isn’t in pleroma that I can see… :thinking: