SMTP server blocking Cryptostorm VPN?

Hello. When connected to the Cryptostorm VPN, I can receive mail messages via POP3 but I cannot send via SMTP. In contrast, I can both send and receive messages using Webmail while connected to the same VPN, but I prefer my mail client over Webmail. The connection only fails if I try to send via SMTP through my mail client.

Is this intentional, perhaps preventing a security threat, or is there possibly a workaround besides always using Webmail?

Thanks in advance.

This has nothing to do with us but rather your vpn provider. They very often block smtp ports to prevent abuse. Contact your provider and ask if you can be whitelisted.

···

On Tuesday, 19 October 2021, shelldweller via Disroot - Forum wrote:

Hello. When connected to the Cryptostorm VPN, I can receive mail messages via POP3 but I cannot send via SMTP. In contrast, I can both send and receive messages using Webmail while connected to the same VPN, but I prefer my mail client over Webmail. The connection only fails if I try to send via SMTP through my mail client.

Is this intentional, perhaps preventing a security threat, or is there possibly a workaround besides always using Webmail?

Thanks in advance.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you very much for the explanation. Keep up the great work!