[solved] How well & reliable are emails from Disroot's SMTP server received?

I really like Disroot email account, and hope to increase my usage (possibly donating for more storage space, too!). Huge kudos to the admins for setting up everything! :smile:

One problem I’ve noticed in some other email providers is that unless you are a huge one like Gmail or Outlook, emails you send via some SMTP servers get treated as untrusted or low-trust and are often put in spam or even silently dropped!!!

How has the experience with sending email with Disroot’s SMTP servers been? And does that SMTP server has SPF, DKIM, DMARC (and other things) set up? Has anyone had emails from their Disroot account end up in other people’s spam folders or silently dropped?

Thanks!

Here you can see what is supported:
https://dismail.de/serverlist.html

1 Like

Thank you @hamma, but I’m sorry I don’t understand the table you linked to.

How do I intepret the information to know whether emails I send from my Disroot email account will be dropped or marked as spam by a particular provider? For example, how do I see if emails from Disroot’s SMTP to outlook.com will be dropped or not?

Hi,

normally there are not dropped, but sometime we do have issues with Outlook that mark Disroot email as spam, and so we have to contact them to ask to be whitelisted again. I think it happens like once only this year…

···

Le mercredi 09 septembre 2020 à 13:19 +0000, ulkpm via Disroot - Forum a écrit :

ulkpm
September 9

Thank you @hamma, but I’m sorry I don’t understand the table you linked to.

How do I intepret the information to know whether emails I send from my Disroot email account will be dropped or marked as spam by a particular provider? For example, how do I see if emails from Disroot’s SMTP to outlook.com will be dropped or not?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

hamma
September 9

Here you can see what is supported: https://dismail.de/serverlist.html

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

So happy to hear that emails from Disroot’s SMTP are mostly well-received. :smile:

Thank you @meaz.

I actually am in the habit of checking my spam folder, due to my (primary) email dropping pretty much all emails that aren’t obviously non-spam.

1 Like