SPF fail - not authorized

Hello,

I have an alias e-mail (on a domain I do not own), which I try to redirect to a Disroot e-mail. But when I do that and try to send an e-mail to this alias e-mail, I get the following message from the Disroot server:

Recipient address rejected: Message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorized.

Does anyone know what I can do about that?
Thanks.

kir0ul @ 2019-09-14 16:49 UTC:

I have an alias e-mail (on a domain I do not own), which I try to redirect to a Disroot e-mail. But when I do that and try to send an e-mail to this alias e-mail, I get the following message from the Disroot server:

Recipient address rejected: Message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorized.

Does anyone know what I can do about that?

I didn’t even understand what that means, can you be more clear?

• what are you trying to do?
  • what are you doing? (how can I replicate it?)

are you trying to change the from address to something else? If yes then
you can’t do that here, I guess this was done to prevent abuse.

··· -- Lugubris

I think this is the same problem discussed
here

@kir0ul Can you send email to support_at_disroot.org with more details (which domain, what are you trying to do etc), it will be eaiser to help/answer your question. Currently its not really clear.

No. thats different problem, at least judging by the error message pasted, but we need more info as to which domain he’s trying to send from and how.

I’ll try to rephrase it then: I have a mail address I can redirect to whatever mail I choose, let’s say is is called redirect.mail@example.org, and I am trying to redirect it to my Disroot mail address. Also I do not own the address domain, which is example.org here.
The problem was that when I tried to send a mail to redirect.mail@example.org, I get this SPF fail message. answer.

So I made a few tests and it appears I get this answer only when I send a mail to redirect.mail@example.org from a Microsoft e-mail address.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I guess the disroot.org mail server sends back this answer in every cases because I do not own the example.org domain, and some mail services choose to send anyway the mail, but Microsoft doesn’t allow it.
Is there anything I can do to change this behavior?

I also sent a mail to support_at_disroot.org with some more informations.

If you do not own the domain, nor you can’t edit dns record to add additional MX record form the our side you trying to send as redirect.mail@example.org from disroot.org it is seen a hostile attempt to spoof email address and therefor rejected. But I am not sure I got the entire situation clear, so I will check back on the support tickets once I have a minute.

1 Like

@kir0ul does it work for you now?