Status of Hubzilla?

Just curious what the situation with the Disroot Hubzilla instance is? The register link on the page still goes to the “registrations on hold” page.

Hubzilla seems like a super cool idea, is it still being actively pursued by Disroot? Or are there other things on the horizon (Mastodon or other federated services) besides Diaspora?

ulkpm @ 2019-08-29 16:45 UTC:

Just curious what the situation with the Disroot Hubzilla instance is? The register link on the page still goes to the “registrations on hold” page.

Hubzilla seems like a super cool idea, is it still being actively pursued by Disroot? Or are there other things on the horizon (Mastodon or other federated services) besides Diaspora?

I think @muppeth forgot to change the link for signup, that post is dated
2018. If you have a disroot account then you can login with your disroot
credentials. Last time I checked disroot loved hubzilla and they are not
planning to try other services anytime soon. There are docs being
written for hubzilla on disroot community’s page (?).

··· -- Lugubris
1 Like

Well, the situation is that we are determined to push Hubzilla as our main publishing and communication tool instead of other social networks like Diaspora*. We are struggling with the timing and priorities of the Disroot platform as a whole, which means a lot of work that is not visible but is necessary to keep it alive.
At the moment, Hubzilla is still in test status though it’s pretty functional, but you can test it by following the instructions mentioned by lugubris above.
Muppeth has been struggling big time with Hubzilla’s Diaspora* addon for the last few months, which causes the instance to fall down after it has been activated. If we could solve that, I think we’d be pretty ready to put Hubzilla into production.
Additionally, we need to review the documentation we’ve written so far to find a way to make it less difficult for new users to get onboard to a platform with the amount of features Hubzilla has, because it’s not user friendly right from the start.
So that’s pretty much the situation.

3 Likes

Thank you @lugubris and @fede for the update! Really appreciate the hard work put in by the team, definitely worth donating!

As for documentation, that would be wonderful because TBH I find Hubzilla to be complex, confusing and hard to wrap my head around! If I’m not the only one, then this is a big problem if the goal is to increase adoption…