Table of contents using Markdown in Text/Notes

Hi, I’m logged into the cloud via the website and am trying to create a table of contents within a text document (md format) using the guide here: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

However it doesn’t seem to work when under the Files section (and creating new text doc), but it does work if I go to the Notes section and create a new note. However after saving that note and reclicking on it to edit from the Files section, it no longer lets me add hyperlinks within the same doc (only from the Notes section)

Is there any way I can do a table of contents within a new or existing text document via the text editor? Thanks

Sorry for late reply. Havent got time to check this.

Do you mean autogenerating table of content, or creating it manually? can you provide example just to make it eaiser to exactly understand what you mean and to test it out.

Initially I meant manually, but I didn’t know you could autogenerate - how do you go about doing this please? Essentially, in a Markdown text document, I am looking to create internal bookmarks/links which link to the other parts of the same document. Thanks

I’m not sure if what you’re looking for, but for internal links in a makdown document you could use something like this:

<a name="top"></a>

# Document Title

## Table of Contents

* [Content 1](#item1)

* [Content 2](#item2)

* [Content 3](#item3)

<a name="item1"></a>
### Content 1

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

[Top](#top)

<a name="item2"></a>
### Content 2

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

[Top](#top)

<a name="item3"></a>
### Content 3

Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

[Top](#top)